The Easiest Way To Format Your Citations In MS word
In academic writings, you often need to cite the work of other notable scholars. Proper citation of your work can increase its credibility and it makes easy for a reader to verify the sources of your information and inspiration.
There are different popular ways that are used for citation. Even if you feel it difficult to manage your essay assignments, you can ask a professional writer to “write my essay”. You can use different software to create the citation for your academic work. Even different online sources are also available that can help you to cite your work. But if you are working on MS Word and want to manually cite your work, you can do so by following these easy steps.
- The first step you need to do is to click on the References tab on the MS Word window. You can find this tab at the top of the window.
- When you click on the tab, it will open a box with many options. You should look for a sub-tab named Style. When you click on this tab, this will show you a list of different styles for citations like APA, MLA, Harvard, etc. Here you can choose the style required by your instructor by simply clicking on it.
- After selecting the desired style of citation, you are required to click on the Insert Citation button which you can find on the left side of the Style. When you click on this button, It will show you two options of Add New Source and Add New Placeholder. A new window named Create Source will open when you click on the Add New Source.
- You are required to put the information about your source here. First, you should select the genre of your source by clicking on the Type of Source button.
- You also have the option to chose a language i.e. English (US), English (UK), and English (Australia). Select your required language in Language Tab.
- You need to give the name of the author of your selected source in the available box just in front of Author. If there is a Corporate Author for your selected content, you should also mention it.
- In the same way, you should write down the other information about your selected source. like, the title of your chosen content, year of publication in case of a written write my essay for me work and you are required to give information about the day, month and year in case of an interview.
- You are also required to put the total no of pages in case your selected source is a book. You should also give information about the publisher and Editor of your chosen book.
- In the case, you are citing a website, you need to give the URL of the website and the exact day you accessed the website.
- In short, every type of source will demand you to fill some particular information about the source. Once you provide all the required information. Click on the OK button on the Create Source window and your citation will be ready to use.
- You can create a list for all of your sources by following the same instruction and can use them when and where you required them.
- The next time you want to quote any of these references, you just need to click the button Insert Citation and you can choose a source from the list of available sources.
I hope these simple instructions will help you to cite your references in a proper way. If you need further help or guidelines about your essay writing service assignments, feel free to get help from the professionals. Even if you feel it difficult to manage your essay assignments, you can ask a professional writer to “write my essay”. This will not only help you to get batter grades in your assignments but it will also work for you like an assessment tool and you will be able to improve your writing skills with the help of a professional writer.